Thursday 13 August 2015

Back-To-School/San Francisco Haul 2015


 As August rolls around, back to school season follows with it. For me, this back to school season is more special than any other. Since I graduated from high school in June, this means that in September, I will be moving out to attend university. Thus, there is naturally a lot of shopping to do. For this post, I thought I would share what I bought in terms of clothing within the period of the end of July and beginning of August. Most of these items were purchased on my trip to San Francisco and I am super super excited to have these new additions to my closet!

San Francisco




Uniqlo Socks - $1.80 USD

The first thing I bought was pretty random. These socks were originally being sold for a relatively high price, so when I saw the discount, I knew I should grab them. I've been looking for some medium length socks that I could rock in the fall time. I've always thought that autumn outfits have a hint of cuteness among the coziness when you add the wrinkled white socks peaking out from a pair of ankle boots. Since my university's campus is known to look amazing in the fall time, I'm really looking forward to dressing up to the occasion.


Uniqlo White V-Neck Tee - $9.90 USD

Throughout the last school year, I discovered a love for plain V-neck tees. However, after wearing my gray and black tees many times, I realized that I needed to add a white one to the collection. And of course, Uniqlo is known for making extremely comfortable basics, so I made sure to look for this shirt as soon as I walked into the store. I've already worn it many times since getting back from San Francisco and I'm obsessed with how cool the fabric feels on your skin no matter how hot the weather is. For school, you're never going to have the time to dress for a runway everyday, so basic T-shirts are a great way to present yourself cleanly.


Hollister White and Navy Lace Camis - $6.99 USD (Navy), $9.99 USD (White)

In my opinion, a girl can never have too many camis. I've never really owned camis with fancy straps before, but I know these will look much cuter if the straps are slightly visible when I'm wearing a sweater or something with a wider neckline. I also thought these camis would look nice in a blazer with a nice bold necklace for formal events. Since I'm going to be studying commerce at university, formal wear is definitely a necessity for me.


Hollister Gray Cardigan - $19.99

In Canada, as soon as school rolls around, the weather almost instantly becomes chilly again. However, it's still super hot in the afternoon. Therefore, you can never have too many cardigans. A relatively thin cardigan like this keeps you warm during your walk to class, but doesn't add too much weight to your backpack when you don't need to wear it. I especially love the lace open-back design that makes this otherwise plain gray cardigan more unique.

Lorac Pro Palette - $42 USD

By far my proudest purchase in the US. I've been slowly creating a make up kit for myself, but I've been waiting for the whole summer to complete it with the perfect eye shadow palette. After doing tons of research, I was determined that the Lorac Pro Palette would be perfect for me. I love how the palette has an equal amount of matte and shimmer shades. It's also a plus that the palette comes with an eyeshadow primer. And while we're talking about make up, I'll be writing another post about a makeup kit with all the essentials for school, so make sure you keep an eye out for that!

Ottawa



Boathouse Floral Cropped Tee - $14

I have never been in Boathouse previous to this visit. The thing that attracted me to this shirt the most was the contrast between the vintage floral print and the modern sporty sleeve and collar linings. I don't have any excuses that makes this a "Back-to-school" kind of shirt, but I liked it, so I bought it, haha...



Aldo Black Leather Flats - $30

Though I have heels suitable for the conferences and events I'm sure to attend, I thought I should also consider getting a pair of flats. Wearing heels for hours is pretty much torture, so I bought a compact pair of flats that I can slip into my purse and switch into if it becomes too tiring. Plus the real leather is a great bonus since it should help minimize any gross feet smells. Everyone has those problems right? Might as well address them. :P



White Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor - $54.99

There have been many instances where I would think to myself that my outfit could be tied together with a nice pair of white low tops. After having them on my wishlist for such a long time, I finally convinced myself to splurge a little on a pair. And I love them a lot. What's better than starting off the school year with a new pair of shoes?

So that's it for my back-to-school haul for now, though I'm sure I'll be picking some more stuff up within the next few weeks. I hope you enjoyed this little look into my shopping bags and I'll see you soon!

What's on your back-to-school wishlist?

0 comments:

Post a Comment