Saturday 20 December 2014

HAUL: Lush, Bath & Body Works and More... | Blogmas Day 1


School is finally over and Christmas is on it's way, so I finally have the time to start Blogmas! So... my sister and I have both developed some obsessions over the past month. She has started to build her collection of make up... and I expanded my candle collection... even more. Oops. But without further ado, here's what we bought this month!

Lush



Costco


Complex 15 Daily Face Cream (Ask your pharmacist!)

THEFACESHOP



Foundation Brush (can't find a link)


Eyebrow Pencil (can't find link)

Pomegranate Face Mask (no link)

Loblaws



Bath & Body Works



Alpine Frost (only the wall fragrance is on their site)
Scent: Sweet, musky, pine trees

Scent: Autumnal, spicy, musky, warm? :P

Scent: Autumnal, sweet, leaves

Scent: CHRISTMAS TREES (bought two, no regrets)

Scent: Fresh, Fruity, Sweet


Out of all the purchases this month, I've really been loving the Complex 15 Daily Face Cream, Covergirl Concealer, Love Lettuce Face Mask and (obviously) the candles! 

I actually bought the face cream this month because my first tube ran out. I was literally in a state of panic for a few days until I could run to Costco to get some more. By adding this to my skincare routine, my acne has cleared up almost completely since last year! The one downside is that you do have to ask your pharmacist for the face cream, however you don't need a prescription!

Though I don't use make up often because I'm not committed enough to wake up at 6 am for that, I use the concealer quite often. With all the school work and extra curricular activities, it's normal for me to get only 5 hours of sleep, and even though my glasses hide my dark circles a little, this concealer has made it so much better! I definitely like it better than the stick applicator we used to have, the creamy consistency makes blending a lot easier. One thing that bothers me about this concealer, however, is the packaging quality. From the picture above, you can see that after owning it for only a month, the lid is already cracking... :(

The Lush Love Lettuce face mask works miracles! Along with the great ingredients, they also add little beads to exfoliate your skin, This helped remove my dead skin and blackheads, leaving my face much smoother and clearer. After washing away the mask with warm water, it's also immediately apparent on how small it makes your pores!

Finally... candles. All you need is the right candle, the right Spotify playlist and you're off in your own little world. For example, my family has always used fake Christmas trees, so when my mom and I found the Fresh Balsam candle, we grabbed the only remaining two in the store instantly. This way, we can at least pretend that we have a real tree, haha... Another thing I loved about these specific candles is that they come in mason jars! One of my favourite things is that after finishing a candle, you can just stick it into the freezer to remove the remaining wax and the container becomes something you can reuse. With the mason jar, there's also a super handy lid!

So that's it for today, it's already past 12 am where I live, so I guess I'll be coming out with another post today... so see you again soon!

5 days left!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh nice picks! Those candles smell yummy! xx

    Emily ⎜ Daisy Locks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The candles are by far the best <3

      Delete
  2. This haul just made me want go buy a bunch of things and spend too much money, aha. Guess this will prep me for Boxing Day shopping if I'm not working. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, samee! I'm slightly terrified for Boxing Day... XD

      Delete