Wednesday 12 March 2014

Music Obsessions | February 2014

I just felt like writing a short and sweet little post today so I hope you guys enjoy this!

 Since there's been a Facebook tag going around asking for everybody to list their favourite albums, it reminded me that it's been a while since I've shared my music taste with all of you!

So without further ado, here are the albums that I have been (and still am) obsessed with!

Back Again...


Night Visions by Imagine Dragons
It is definitely not a surprise that this album is making an appearance on this post. I'm just so extremely excited because my sister's friends bought her this album for her birthday and I completely flipped out. I've already blasted it in our house... I just love how the Imagine Dragons create so many different styles of music and they manage to make each song sound unique and amazing. If you somehow don't know who this band is, go check out their perfection.



Storms by Hedley
I've always been slightly in love with Hedley's music. Their lead singer's voice is super unique, making all their songs different from the normal pop-rock songs. Ever since hearing their album, Storms, I've been completely obsessed. They recently came out with a new album called Wild Life and amazed me yet again as they seem to always change their style of music, but have mastered it again. Their new album literally added a funky element to pop-rock, haha... I listen to it all the time, but I have to say that I still love Storms more!

New Loves...

Blisters by Adam Barnes
I was first introduced to Adam Barnes' music when I watched Zoella's Autumn Lookbook video. She used Adam Barnes' She Will Stay Beneath the Moon and I loved the song so much I went and found it on YouTube. Turns out, Adam Barnes is a YouTuber who only has a few thousand subscribers! He is so amazingly talented and if you need an idea on his style, he reminds me a lot of Ed Sheeran, only with a little more instrumentals, but still very acoustic... be sure to check out his channel! This is honestly my favourite album of the month!

Clarity by Zedd
I'm not usually a fan of electronic and dubstep music, but when Clarity and Stay the Night were released and became popular, I found myself constanting listening to the songs and trying to sing along. I finally committed and went onto YouTube to search up more of his music last month and Zedd's songs are definitely what I go to now for a little energy and pick-me-up!

In a Perfect World by Kodaline
My friend, Francesca, has recently taken me under her wings and has already introduced me to so many amazing musicians. I still remember in tech class a few weeks ago when she turned to me and said the words: "I have a band for you that I know you'll love."
I fell in love... :P
If you've never listened to Kodaline before, you definitely must go find one of their songs on YouTube! I would recommend All I Want, not only because the song is perfect, but because its two, yes two, music videos are so beautiful and touching!

Breath by Chen and Zhang Li Yin
This isn't really an album, but let's not worry about that... :P If you're a fan of EXO, then you'll probably already know about Chen's collab with Zhang Li Yin. When this song came out, I instantly fell in love with it, not to mention the beautiful and sad music video. It probably won't suit most of you guys who aren't exposed to the Asian culture, but to those that are, go give this song a listen! I have to say that it's probably my favourite song of the month! :)

So there we have my current favourite albums (and song)! I hope you enjoyed looking into my music taste again, and I'll be back soon with a 2014 Blogger Challenge post! :)

What are your favourite songs and albums at the moment? I'm always looking for new music so be sure to leave a comment below!

5 comments:

  1. All I've been listening to atm is Haim tbh I'm addicted to their album :p I really like imagine dragons too I need to get the album, there are so many artists I've never heard of here definitely need to check out the kodaline videos I could do with some new music to listen to x

    <a href="http://emmihearts.blogspot.co.uk/”>EmmiHearts</a> 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Haim! I just searched them up and they're really good! Thanks for the recommendation and yea, you should definitely go watch the video!

      Delete
  2. I was given tickets to the Imagine Dragon concert as a birthday gift from my ex but when we broke up before the concert, I decided to return them to him and he gave them to his best friend to go to the concert. Sort of bummed out I missed them live but at the same time, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much knowing where the tickets came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I totally agree though, it wouldn't have been the same! I can't believe you even got your hands on Imagine Dragon tickets though! That already makes me jealous xD

      Delete
  3. I love Stay the Night, perfect song to get ready for a night out for!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete