Sunday 29 September 2013

Baking: Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


So the days are getting shorter and the air is getting colder. What's better at warming you up than cookies?

These cookies are super easy to make and the ingredients are easy to find! My family and my friends love these cookies whenever I make them on special, or not so special, occasions.

So let's get started!

INGREDIENTS ♪


1. 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
*Note: My house only had salted butter when I was making the cookies. If that is your case too, skip the salt.*
2. 1/2 cup granulated sugar
3. 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6. 2 large eggs
7. 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
8. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
9. 2 cups semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips


♪ TIME TO BAKE ♪


Step 1
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Step 2
Whisk up your butter until it's light and fluffy. Then mix in the two sugars until the mixture is even. Finally, add the salt, vanilla and eggs. 


Step 3
In a separate container, whisk together the flour and baking soda.


Step 4
Combine the two mixture and stir until even.


Step 5
MIX IN THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS, YUMMERS!


Step 6
Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto your baking pan. Make sure you put a layer of wax paper on your pan first!



Step 7
Slide your pan into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes!


Step 8
Let your cookies cool down for 2 minutes on the pan, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely!


Step 9
Enjoy!!!

So there we have it! A delicious and simple recipe for chocolate chip cookies! I'm pretty sure you could get anyone to forgive you for something just by giving them some of these, haha.

Let me know in the comments if you try them out and make sure to tell me what you think!

See you next Sunday! xx

12 comments:

  1. Jenny These look so yummy cookies are always a great idea .
    Id love if you stopped by my page if you have a chance
    xo
    m
    simply sutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to make these tomorrow, they look so good! (:
    I just found your blog and it's so great that I'm going to follow you right away!
    Have a great evening. (-:

    http://sofiescurlymess.blogspot.dk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Just checked out your blog and I love it! :) Let me know how the cookies go!!!

      Jenny xx

      Delete
  3. These look delicious- thanks for the recipe, I'll have to have a go at making these :)!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope they turn out well, haha :)

      Jenny xx

      Delete
  4. yummy!! we love checy biscuits especially chocolate ones

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously making me hungry. That look amazing. And milk would go perfectly with it too.

    Jes | Natually Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so would! I'm definitely trying that out next time I bake these!

      Jenny xx

      Delete
  6. Looks delish! I'd love to have some now P:

    Designed by N x

    ReplyDelete